EMN Bulletin (oktober 2012 - januari 2013)
Dit rapport geeft een overzicht van Europese en nationale ontwikkelingen op het vlak van asiel- en migratiebeleid voor de periode oktober 2012 tot januari 2013, alsook statistische informatie, EMN rapporten en andere publicaties, gebeurtenissen en nieuwsitems.
In this issue you will inter alia find policy developments from October 2012 to January 2013 in the field of legal migration, international protection, trafficking in human beings, borders, visas, external dimension, irregular and return migration, integration and citizenship, including:
At EU and wider level:
- The outcomes of the JHA Council Meeting 6-7 December 2012
- The start of operation for the new EU agency for management of EU large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice
- The launch of the EU Skills Panorama
- The Parliament's rapporteur mandate to start negotiations with the Council on the draft law concerning EUROSUR border surveillance
- The Communication on Visa Policy looking at ways to make sure that the visa rules help the EU to remain attractive
- The OECD Report on Indicators of Integration of Immigrants and their Children
- Frontex training manual for borderguards on combatting trafficking
- The EU remittances for Developing Countries, Remaining Barriers, Challenges and Recommendations
- The report on Migration and Climate Change
- The launch of the MPI website "Syrian refugees: A snapshot of the crisis in the Middle East and Europe"
At national level:
- The modification of the Belgian Nationality Code
- The draft legal provisions to better fight against marriages and legal cohabitations of convenience in Belgium
- The Clandestino project giving estimates of the irregular population in Greece
- The new Spanish Resettlement Programme,
- The first relocation in Poland of asylum seekers from Malta as part of EUREMA program
- The Norwegian report evaluating the legal aid provided to asylum seekets, etc.
More developments and further information in the Bulletin