International Migration Outlook 2018 (OECD)
This report provides a broad overview of recent trends in international migration flows and migration policies in OECD countries and some non-OECD countries.
The 2018 edition of International Migration Outlook analyses recent developments in migration movements and policies in OECD countries and some non member countries, and looks at the evolution of the labour market outcomes of immigrants in OECD countries, with a focus on the migrants’ job quality and on the sections and occupations in which they are concentrated. It includes two special chapters on the contribution of recent refugee flows to the labour force and on the illegal employment of foreign workers.
This year's outlook is subdivided in 5 chapters:
- Chapter 1 provides a broad overview of recent trends in international migration flows and policies
- Chapter 2 takes an in-depth look at the employment situation of immigrants and highlights major changes in policies that support the integration of immigrants and their children
- Chapter 3 examines the labour market impact of recent refugee inflows to European countries, drawing lessons from past experience and looking beyond the most recent developments to account for the ongoing process of refugee labour market entry
- Chapter 4 focuses on the issue of illegal employment of foreign workers, looking at the various forms of irregularities and infractions that it may entail, as well as its relationship to informal employment
- Chapter 5 presents succinct country-specific notes and statistics on developments in international migration movements and policies in OECD countries in recent years
Lastly, the Statistical Annex includes a broad selection of recent and historical statistics on immigrant flows; asylum requests; foreign and foreign-born populations; and naturalisations.
You can access the publication in different formats on the website of the OECD.