Children First and Foremost (PICUM)
This guide, which aims at realising the rights of children and families in a irregular migration situation, is the result of the "Building Strategies to Improve the Protection of Undocumented Children in Europe" project
This guide is the result of the “Building Strategies to Improve the Protection of Undocumented Children in Europe” project, which aimed to spread understanding of the challenges children in an irregular migration situation face in accessing their fundamental rights to education, healthcare and housing in Europe, and to share and develop good practices and strategies to overcome these barriers.
The publication examines inter alia tools and strategies to:
- inform and raise awareness on rights of undocumented families
- build an evidence base (data collection, numbers and flows)
- overcome administrative barriers in accessing civil, economic, social and cultural rights
- create progressive jurisprudence
- regularisation irregularity
The publication highlights next steps for change.