Policy Report 2012 on Asylum and Migration in Belgium (EMN)
This is the 9th Policy Report elaborated by the Belgian Contact Point of the EMN. It provides an overview of major developments in the field of asylum and migration in Belgium in the year 2012.
At the federal level the focus was put in 2012 on the following aspects:
- ending the crisis and shortage of reception places
- implementing tightened rules on family reunification (law approved in 2011)
- tackling misuses of existing legal migration channels
- enforcing more conditions (income-integration) to acquire the Belgian nationality
- improving the policy on return.
Some of these developments and more are summarized in the report, including on:
- legal migration and mobility
- irregular migration and return
- international protection including asylum
- unaccompanied minors and other vulnerable groups
- actions against trafficking in human beings
- migration and development
Please view the report itself for detailed information.