EMN Bulletin (October - December 2017)
The 21st edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 21st edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from October to December 2017) regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; external dimensions; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information - inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- Entry into force of the Regulation (EU) 2017/1954 laying down a uniform format for residence permits for third-country nationals.
- Adoption by the Council of the Regulation for an entry-exit system, and of the Regulation amending the Schengen border code in relation to the entry-exit system
- Publication by European Commission of a list of concrete actions to support the fight against trafficking in human beings.
At national level:
- BE : Reform of the Belgian asylum law adopted by Parliament in November 2017.
- FR : New automated data processing system for personal data information for visa applications ("France-Visas").
- LT : Launch of platform www.workinlithuania.lt to provide useful information and job listings to highly qualified foreign nationals.
- LU : Georgia added to the list of safe countries of origin.
- NL : Asylum seekers who caused nuisance at a reception centre can be placed in a specific reception centre with strict surveillance (“EBTL”).
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !