EMN Bulletin (October – December 2016)
The 17th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 17th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on recent developments at EU and national level regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- Commission proposal of a European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS).
- Creation of a rapid reaction pool of border guards and equipment.
- Commission reports on the progress made under the European Agenda on Migration and in context of the EU-Turkey Statement.
At national level:
- BE: Access granted to the central database of the Police to some officials of the Immigration Office.
- DE: First group of rejected asylum seekers from Afghanistan returned to their country of origin via a charter flight.
- LU: New law simplifies the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications.
- NL: Addition of Algeria, Georgia, Ukraine, Tunisia and Togo to the list of safe countries of origin.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !