EMN Bulletin (October - December 2015)
The 13th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 13th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on recent developments at EU and national level regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This includes, inter alia:
At EU level:
- Outcomes of the Valletta Summit (Political Declaration and Action Plan)
- Joint Action Plan between the European Commission and Turkey to step up cooperation on migration management
- Political Agreement of the Council on the proposal for a directive on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals for the purposes of research, studies and training
- The Borders Package (and the proposal of a regulation on the European Border and Coast Guard)
At national level:
- BE: Royal Decree which reduces the waiting period for asylum seekers to have access to the labour market (4 months instead of 6 months)
- DE: extension of the list of safe countries of origin to Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro
- NL: entry into force of the act combatting forced marriages
- SE: reintroduction of temporary internal border controls, in the framework of the important inflow of asylum seekers
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (attached).