EMN Bulletin (November 2014 - February 2015)
The 10th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 10th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information inter alia on:
- The first meeting of the new European Migration Forum. The Forum was held on 26 and 27 January 2015 and took as its main theme: “'Safe routes, safe futures. How to manage the mixed flows of migrants across the Mediterranean?”
- The set-up of a temporary informal expert group on economic migration by the European Commission.
- The high level EMN Conference in 2015 ‘Attracting and Retaining Talent in Europe’ will be held under the auspices of the Latvian Presidency of the European Council on 19th and 20th March 2015 in Riga.
International Protection, Asylum and UAM:
- The additional assistance provided to Italy to cope with the migratory pressure of Lampedusa and The Triton Frontex operation.
- The Second Forum on Relocation and Resettlement that took place on 25th November 2014.
Schengen borders and visa:
- The Inter-parliamentary Committee meeting on "the Smart Borders Package: European challenges, national experiences, the way ahead". The aim of the meeting was to discuss the Commission's legislative proposals on the Entry/Exit System (COM(2013)95) and the Registered Traveller Programme (COM(2013)97).
Irregular Migration and return:
- The European Migration Network Return Expert Group (REG) has recently published EMN Informs on key topics. The EMN REG has developed the EMN REG Directory Connecting Return Experts across Europe. The Directory provides comparative information on national policies, practices and programmes, including joint / collaborative programmes from across the EU Member States and Norway.
- The EMN 2014 Synthesis report on good practices in the return and reintegration of irregular migrants: Member States’ entry bans policy and use of readmission agreements between Member States and third countries.
For each theme, the EMN Bulletin also provides information on the latest relevant statistics and national developments.