EMN Bulletin (June - October 2013)
This fifth issue of the EMN Bulletin outlines recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national levels, including relevant statistics, from June to October 2013.
In this issue you will inter alia find policy developments from June to October 2013 in the field of legal migration, international protection, trafficking in human beings, borders, visas, external dimension, irregular and return migration, integration and citizenship, including:
At EU and wider level:
- The outcomes of the JHA Council Meeting on 7th and 8th October;
- the Survey of Adult Skills;
- Eurostat statistics on residence permits issued in 2012;
- the EMN Studies on Attracting Highly Qualified and Qualified Third Country Nationals and Intra-EU mobility of Third Country Nationals;
- the LIBE Committee draft report on the proposal for a Directive on the conditions of entry and residence of TCN for the purposes of research, study, pupil exchange, remunerated and unremunerated training, voluntary service and au pairing
At national level
- recent accession of Croatia to the EU;
- Publication of the Italian Third Annual Report on Migrants' Labour Market;
- Launch of the Dutch advisory opinion Make it in the Netherlands, which stresses the importance of attracting and retaining talented foreign students;
More developments and further information in the Bulletin, attached above.