EMN Bulletin (July - September 2016)
The 16th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 16th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on recent developments at EU and national level regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- Official launch of the European Border and Cost Guard Agency.
- Commission reports on the progress made under the European Agenda on Migration and in context of the EU-Turkey Statement.
- Publication by the Commission of the Comprehensive Policy Review of Anti-trafficking Projects.
At national level:
- BE: Possible administrative fine of 200EUR for foreign nationals who do not meet certain legal requirements regarding entry/stay on the territory.
- AT: New law on recognition and assessment of foreign qualifications to facilitate integration into the labour market (e.g. specific procedures for beneficiaries of international protection).
- SE: New measures to improve the return of rejected asylum seekers.
- UK: Launch of a community sponsorship scheme to support resettled refugees.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !