EMN Bulletin (January - March 2018)
The 22nd edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 22nd edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from January to March 2018) regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; external dimensions; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information - inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- Publication by the European Commission of a progress report on the European Agenda on Migration.
- Proposal of the European Commission to reform the EU’s common visa policy to adapt the rules to evolving security concerns, challenges linked to migration and new opportunities offered by technological developments.
- Launch by Frontex of the new Joint Operation Themis (which replaces Operation Triton) in the Central Mediterranean.
At national level:
- BE: The integration programme of the German-Speaking Community became mandatory for certain foreign nationals.
- FI: Introduction of a new type of residence permit for growth or start-up entrepreneurs.
- FR: draft law for a managed migration and an effective right of asylum presented to the Council of Ministers.
- SE: National Action Plan for combating prostitution and trafficking in human beings for sexual and other purposes.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !