EMN Bulletin (January - March 2016)
The 14th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 14th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on recent developments at EU and national level regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- The EU- Turkey agreement to end irregular migration from Turkey to the EU and replace it with legal channels of resettlement of refugees to the EU.
- The Commission’s first report on relocation and resettlement.
- The Emergency Assistance Instrument for faster crisis response within the EU.
- Outcomes of the 2016 EMN Annual Conference in the Netherlands on migrant smuggling.
At national level:
- BE : Distribution plan of asylum seekers over the municipalities of the country (5,000 reception places).
- FR : Promulgation of law on foreigners’ rights, containing various provisions (e.g. introduction of an individual integration pathway, creation of a residence permit for foreign talents, etc).
- NL : Letter from the Minister for Migration issued to asylum seekers arriving at the registration center or crossing the Dutch border, to provide a quick and realistic image of what they can expect.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !