EMN Bulletin (February 2013 - June 2013)
This fourth issue of the EMN Bulletin outlines recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national levels, including relevant statistics, from February 2013 to June 2013.
In this issue you will inter alia find policy developments from February 2013 to June 2013 in the field of legal migration, international protection, trafficking in human beings, borders, visas, external dimension, irregular and return migration, integration and citizenship, including:
At EU and wider level:
- Outcomes of the JHA Council Meeting 6th and 7th June 2013 on the EU's accession to the ECHR, the final steps for the completion of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and on the latest developments for the protection of refugees from the Syria conflict.
- Outcomes of the JHA Council Meeting, 7th and 8th March 2013 on border control
- Eurostat latest statistics on the Labour Force Survey
- The state of play of the EMN reports (workprogramme 2013)
- Several recent important judgements of the Court of Justice
- MEPs approval of the architecture of the new EU asylum system, which lays down common procedures and deadlines for handling applications.
- The amended EU visa facilitation agreements with Ukraine and Moldova
- Frontex's Quarterly Report Q4 and Western Balkans Annual Risk Assessment
At national level:
- The OECD report on recruiting immigrant workers in Germany
- The growing numbers of third country nationals are seeking international protection in Poland
- Amendments to the Austrian Citizenship Act
More developments and further information in the Bulletin.