EMN Bulletin (April - June 2017)
The 19th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 19th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from April to June 2017) regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- European Commission’s Action Plan to support Italy, reduce pressure along the Central Mediteranean route and increase solidarity.
- European Commission’s 13th progress report on relocation and resettlement.
- EASO’s 2016 Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU.
- Launch by European Commission of the « EU Skills Profile Tool for Third-Country Nationals ».
At national level:
- BE: Potential victims of trafficking are now issued a temporary residence document valid for 45 days during the recovery and reflection period, instead of an order to leave the territory valid for 45 days.
- AT : Following an amendment to the Aliens Law, foreign nationals who do not leave Austria after a final and enforceable return decision has been issued may be fined or imprisoned.
- NL : The « Declaration of participation » - to be signed by all newcomers – has become a compulsory part of the integration process.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !