EMN Bulletin (April - June 2016)
The 15th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 15th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on recent developments at EU and national level regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
Various proposals made by the Commission :
- Reform of the Common European Asylum System (Regulations to replace the Asylum Procedures Directive and the Qualifications Directive and second recast of the Reception Conditions Directive).
- Directive on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals for the purpose of highly qualified employment, to address the shortcomings of the Blue Card Directive.
- Creation of an EU Resettlement Framework.
At national level:
- BE : Refugees no longer granted a permanent residence permit, but a first residence permit valid for 5 years.
- AT : Amendments to the asylum law, including the possibility to declare a «state of emergency » if there is a risk to public order/ national security and deny entry to asylum seekers.
- FI : Decrease of the national reception capacity for asylum seekers.
- NL : Extension of the possibilities to revoke or refuse residence permits to asylum seekers in case of criminal offences.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !