Film Screening: Sisters
On the occasion of Europe Day and Fête de l’Iris, the Directorate-General for Home Affairs of the European Commission is organising a screening of the film Sisters followed by a debate on the subject of trafficking in human beings.
The film "Sisters" tells the story of two Serbian sisters who hope for a better life in Italy, but fall in the hands of ruthless traffickers. It is a grim story, with hope at the end.
The projection will be followed by a debate on the subject of trafficking in human beings with participation of:
- Mr Wim Bontinck, Unit leader, Central Unit Trafficking in Human Beings, Belgian Federal Police
- Mr Jean Francois Minnet, Attaché, Ministry of Justice, Chairmanship – Bureau of the Interdepartmental Coordination Platform against THB
- Representative of the Belgian Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism
- Ms Sarah De Hovre, Director, vzw PAG-ASA asbl
- Ms Sophie Jekeler, Director, Foundation SAMILIA-FUP
- Ms Viviane Teitlebaum, President of Council of French-Speaking Women of Belgium
- Ms Mia Åsenius, Head of Cabinet of Cecilia MALMSTRÖM, EU Commissioner responsible for Home Affairs
On Saturday 4 May 2013
Pre-event drinks are served at 17.30
The screening begins at 18.00.
Petite rue des Brigittines 1
The event is free, but please register your participation by sending an email to [email protected]