EMN Annual Conference on the reform of the Common European Asylum System: opportunities and challenges (Malta, 2 days)
On the 24th and 25th of May, the Maltese National Contact Point of the EMN organizes - in the framework of the Maltese Presidency of the European Council - the annual EMN conference. The conference will be dedicated to the following topic: the reform of the Common European Asylum System.
The Annual Conference of the EMN will focus on "the reform of the Common European Asylum System: opportunities and challenges". In several panel discussions, the Conference aims to bring together experts from the Maltese government, the European Commission, EU agencies, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations, academia and selected EU and non-EU countries who will present their views on various topics:
- the current asylum situation, asylum-causing factors and possible future trends;
- asylum procedures in the European Union
- asylum reception conditions
- intra-EU solidarity
- legal pathways into the EU and resettlement
- cooperation with third countries and regional protection programmes
- the role of civil society organisations
- what to expect in the future from the CEAS?
The conference will be held in English, but interpretation services in French and Italian will be available.
24-25 May 2017
Intercontinental Hotel, St. Julian’s, Malta
For more information, contact: [email protected]