EMN Annual Conference on the reform of the Common European Asylum System in Malta
On the 24th and 25th of May, the Maltese EU Presidency hosted the EMN Annual Conference. This edition focused on the interesting topic of the reform of the Common European Asylum System.
The Annual Conference of the EMN focused on "the reform of the Common European Asylum System: opportunities and challenges". In several panel discussions, the Conference brought together experts from the Maltese government, the European Commission, EU agencies, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations, academia and selected EU and non-EU countries. The event focused inter alia on:
- the current asylum situation, asylum-causing factors and possible future trends
- asylum procedures in the European Union
- asylum reception conditions
- intra-EU solidarity
- legal pathways into the EU and resettlement
- cooperation with third countries
- the role of civil society organizations
The presentations that were given at the conference will be available within a few days.
Please click here to see some photos that were taken at the conference.