EMN Bulletin (July - September 2019)
The 28th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including the latest relevant published statistics.
The 28th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from July to September 2019) regarding general policy developments; the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; trafficking in human beings; and external dimensions.
This edition contains - inter alia - information on:
At EU level:
- On 30 July, the European Commission opened a call under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) 2019. It consists of a list of seven calls for proposals and the deadline to apply is 30 January 2020.
- On 6 August, the European Commission announced an additional support of € 127 million to the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN) programme via the EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey.
At national level:
- BE: On 1 September 2019, the single permit procedure entered into force for highly-qualified workers and seasonal workers, transposing Directives 2009/50/EC and 2014/36/EU. Highly-qualified foreign workers can now apply for a single permit for a period of up to three years.
- BE: Due to an increase in the number of asylum applications, and lengthy asylum procedures, the federal reception agency Fedasil has created additional reception places. This was inter alia done by opening new temporary reception centres and increasing the capacity of the existing ones.
- NL: In July 2019, the Minister of Foreign Affairs informed the House of Representatives that the Netherlands received a rejection from the European Commission with regard to a request for the temporary reintroduction of visa requirements for Albanian migrants.
More developments and other information can be found in the Bulletin (document above).