EMN Bulletin (July - September 2017)
The 20th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 20th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from July to September 2017) regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; external dimensions; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information - inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- Publication of the mid-term review of the 2015 European Agenda on Migration by the European Commission.
- Recommendation on the better application of the existing Schengen rules, issued by the European Commission.
- Adoption of a program by the EU Trust Fund for Africa worth 46 million euro to reinforce the integrated migration and border management capacities of the Libyan authorities.
- Publication of the 15th report on relocation and resettlement by the European Commission.
At national level:
- BE : The State Secretary for Asylum Policy and Migration and the Walloon Minister for Employment signed a collaboration agreement which aims at fostering the socio-professional insertion of asylum seekers.
- FR : A decree has created an exceptional return allowance of 2,500 euros for third country nationals who apply for a return assistance before the end of 2017 to return voluntarily to their country of origin.
- NL : The Minister of Security and Justice revoked the Dutch citizenship of four jihadists who have travelled to a conflict zone. They are also declared as ‘undesired foreign nationals’.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !