EMN Bulletin (January-March 2017)
The 18th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides up-to-date information on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level, including latest relevant published statistics.
The 18th edition of the EMN Bulletin provides information on developments at EU and national level (from January to March 2017) regarding the Common European Asylum System; unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups; legal migration and integration; the management of the EU external borders; irregular migration and return; and trafficking in Human Beings.
This edition includes information – inter alia - on:
At EU level:
- The renewed EU Action Plan on Return and the Commission’s recommendation to Member States on making returns more effective.
- Commission’s progress report on relocation and resettlement.
- EASO-Frontex Cooperation Plan for 2017-2018.
- Frontex Annual Risk Analysis for 2017.
At national level:
- BE: New law introduces willingness and efforts to integrate as a general residence condition.
- DE : Creation of a new « Centre for the Support of Returns », to better coordinate the enforcement of return orders.
- LU : New law reduces the required duration of residence for naturalisation from 7 to 5 years and adds first-generation right of birthplace.
More developments and other information in the Bulletin (see PDF above) !